Important functions of water in the body
- 1. It is used as a universal solvent.
- 2. It regulates the temperature of the body.
- 3. It helps in excreting body-waste.
- 4. It helps in the digestion of food.
- 5. It keeps the lung cells moist.
- 6. It helps in blood circulation
How is naturally sourced bottled water different to tap water?Tap water can come from a wide range of sources and is chemically treated. It needs to contain chlorine, so it can travel safely from the water treatment works to the tap, and therefore requires a different set of regulations to ensure its safety.
FONTANA bottled water is naturally sourced water and comes from protected, natural underground sources. The naturally sourced bottled water has a unique character and composition. Our naturally sourced water is piped directly from the source to the bottling facility. All materials used at our bottling plant are such a quality that they do not modify the original characteristics of the water.
Thirst isn't always a reliable early indicator of the body's need for water. Many people, particularly older adults, don't feel thirsty until they're already dehydrated. That's why it's important to increase water intake during hot weather or when you're ill.
The signs and symptoms of dehydration also may differ by age.
Infant or young child
- Dry mouth and tongue
- No tears when crying
- No wet diapers for three hours
- Sunken eyes, cheeks
- Sunken soft spot on top of skull
- Listlessness or irritability
- Extreme thirst
- Less frequent urination
- Dark-colored urine